Apply to an open source foundation
- Manages funds
- Accepts donations
- Untaxed funds/donations (be 501(c)(3) in the US?)
- Donations must be allocated/targeted to the project -- i.e. will individuals/companies be donating directly to the project vs. donating to the foundation at large?
- Own assets like trademark registrations, accounts, logo, domain, etc.
- Initial legal services(?): e.g., looking at CLA, etc.
- Open Source Collective
- Linux Foundation
- Apache Software Foundation
- Software Freedom Conservancy
- Software in the Public Interest