We've had a couple of discussions recently that basically boil down to "It's too hard for a very small team to deploy Phorge".
The take-away is that some people want to start their own instance, but are intimidated by the setup process.
Possible paths forward:
- Provide a docker image that makes it easy to deploy in a local machine, or in a small machine?
- Same thing but with a VM
- Same thing as a Helm chart for k8s? Docker Composer?
- I think there's an app-store style thing for hosted VMs in the big cloud providers, but I might be imagining it.
- maybe An Ubuntu package?
- Maybe there is a way to make some subset work in cPanel (maybe Maniphest and some of the simpler apps)?
This overlaps T15011 in a lot of cases, but should probably be a little different:
- Developers need access to lots of internals; The users of this feature only want something that works.