If one of your verified email addresses is mentioned in the "Invitees"
section of your upstream Calendar Event, you are now imported as such.
For example, if you have a Google Calendar, and if you import that in
Phorge, and if your email is mentioned in the Invitees:
- you are not shown anymore as "Private User 1" but as yourself
- the "Busy" orange marker is shown from your Profile (instead of nothing)
- the Profile Calendar widget shows your imported Event (instead of nothing - no "Clear Sailing ahead")
User "test" imports a Calendar. An Event has two invited emails:
- 1 email belongs to user "test"
- 1 email belongs to another user
So the Calendar owner is not an alien anymore.
Allowing to match yourself makes sense because you trust your imported
Calendar and we trust your verified email addresses.
WE DO NOT MATCH OTHER USERS BUT THE CALENDAR OWNER.
Matching other users must involve serious privacy measures,
coherent with the rest of Phorge.