Last meeting notes: 2022-06-14
- Merge from Upstream (T15094): Having been unsuccessful using Differential (see D25040), we've decided to just do a manual merge from current upstream master and push without a review. AI: @avivey.
- Rebranding: Probably 90% of the rebranding work was done in upstream for us. @avivey to check for loose ends.
- Welcome page (T15008): We've created rHP to host a static HTML page to host at https://phorge.it. @dcog to create initial content, @Matthew will setup the server to serve it (Currently it just redirects to we.phorge.it. We can improve this later using a themed blog or any other method mentioned in T15008. We've also updated the wording of current Welcome blurb and fixed the SSL cert for phorge.it (T15104).
- Real-time chat and support for drive-by questions:
There was no recent traffic in IRC, Zulip and Conpherence, which we relate to general slow-down in community. It's agreed that in order to reduce on-boarding friction for potential new members, we'll continue to monitor these 3 channels (See also T15035; Zulip and IRC are bridged).
Internally, we prefer Conpherence for real-time chat.
- Tasks used for support (T15084) - we had at least one case of a user asking a question in a task, and then assigning that task as "unbreak now" priority, which could be disrupting. @Matthew reports that was (is?) a common issue with the Wikimedia install. @dtf will check for software ways to limit access to specific fields.
As a policy, we prefer support questions to be asked in Ponder rather then as tasks - the new welcome page would direct users there for support.
- Times for planning meeting: Current time of 3pm Eastern on a workday is not ideal for some members, but we failed to find a better time slot. We'll circle back to this at some later date.