Page MenuHomePhorge

2022-05-03
Updated 19 Days AgoPublic

Event: {E4}


Attendees:


Agenda Items and Notes:

  1. Action item check-in
    • - @Matthew Create task and discussion around integrating Askimet.
    • @speck Create task about auto deployment to upstream.
    • @Matthew collect list of prototype and deprecated applications, make a task for each discussing what to do.
    • @speck Investigate usefulness of using translations to help with rebrand process.
    • @dcog Proof of concept to work around language issues.
  2. Rebrand
    • Evan has started a whole bunch of changes for rebrand on the upstream.
    • Speck: Re-clone from Phabricator and re-play.
      • Matthew to set up an announcements blog so we can communicate this. (T15095)
      • Someone else will need to write the post.
      • Pin at top of unauthenticated home screen.
      • Done by git force push master
      • Branch for Phabricator into Phorge, will need to be maintained manually as of right now.
  3. T15090: CVE-2022-24765 - Multi-user Git Privilege Escalation fixes for upstream
    • We need to pull in Evan's change.
    • We also need to make configuration changes.
      • @Matthew to make configuration changes.
  4. Landing Page (Moved from previous meeting)
    • Installing a CMS temporarily might be a good move.
    • Long-term, we will need to look at our DNS configuration.
  5. Add additional agenda items here
    • Consider using ISO-8601 date formats (YYYY-MM-DD) for the agenda pages to keep them in order. (Done by @Matthew )
    • Arcanist (T15096)
      • Short-term, Evan is looking at creating a binary version of Arcanist.
      • Aviv: Arcanist provides a big chunk of the value proposition of Phorge
      • Chris: Agree, but PHP on Windows is difficult. Not a good experience.
      • Extensions and Linters are useful, so maintain Arcanist.
      • Provide usability for diffs and landing without Arcanist.
      • Rebuild in native code? Barriers: Extensions and custom linters.
      • Another approach: Single binary replacement with arc diff then move people up later if needed.
      • Arcanist roadmap should be prioritized.

Action items:

  • @Matthew Configuration changes on upstream.
  • @speck Merging in changes from upstream. Herald rules need to be disabled as part of this issue.
  • @Matthew Create task and discussion around integrating Askimet.
  • @Matthew collect list of prototype and deprecated applications, make a task for each discussing what to do.
  • @speck Investigate usefulness of using translations to help with rebrand process.
  • @dcog Proof of concept to work around language issues.
Last Author
Matthew
Last Edited
Tue, May 3, 19:56

Event Timeline

Matthew changed the title from May 3, 2022 to 2022-05-03.Tue, May 3, 18:54
Matthew moved this document from May 3, 2022.
Matthew added subscribers: dcog, Matthew, speck.
Matthew added a subscriber: avivey.