It would be nice to have a bot that allows users to migrate from a GitHub "pull request"-oriented workflow.
- some people is using Phorge as primary platform and using GitHub as mirror
- GitHub is often seen as a convenience to be given to end-users but which some maintainers want to touch as little as possible
- also because GitHub is proprietary software
From a GitHub perspective this can probably be done using GitHub Webhooks, or GitHub actions.
From a Phorge perspective this can surely be done with Phorge webhooks.
The goal is to create something that does not necessarily require server access to Phorge (or server access to GitHub ihih)
Feel free to mention some similar projects that could inspire:
- bot that keeps in sync the proprietary ClickUp platform with Phorge (just Tasks)
- import any new pull request from GitHub, as a corresponding Diff in Phorge patch (just arc diff etc.)
- update the already existing Diff, with consequent changes (new commits, amends) from the very same pull request - so, without creating another Diff
- from Phorge to GitHub
- automatically export normal-comments created by users from Phorge
- automatically export inline-comments created by users from Phorge
- if the Phorge Diff is closed, mark the GitHub pull request as closed
- skip comments/actions created by the GitHub bot in Phorge to avoid loops
- from GitHub to Phorge
- automatically export normal-comments created by users from GitHub
- automatically export inline-comments created by users from GitHub
- if the GitHub pull request is closed, mark the Phorge Diff as abandoned
- skip comments/actions created by the Phorge bot in GitHub to avoid loops